Electronic Document Presentment and Payment
Electronic Document Presentment and Payment (EDPP) is delivered by TD in association with Canada Post through their epost™ service. You can present documents, such as account statements or bills, to consumers via the Internet. Consumers can review the information and, in the case of a bill, make a payment with the click of a button. This service is available to consumers through the Internet sites of most Canadian financial institutions, as well as epost.ca and other Internet portals.
What Electronic Document Presentment and Payment Offers You
- Secure delivery of account statements and bills to consumers from a trusted site
- An experienced project team who will work with your organization and third party suppliers, from conception to completion, reducing the resources that you need to assign
- A choice of multiple integration models to allow you to match the epost service directly to your EDPP requirements and existing billing system
- The consumer convenience of one access site to view documents and make instant bill payments
The Benefits of Electronic Document Presentment and Payment
- Saves money by ending the physical printing and mailing of paper
- Achieve greater awareness with strong branding and advertising opportunities on your documents
- Appreciate a quicker return on investment thanks to fast-growing consumer adoption rate
- Increases efficiencies with the convenience of one access site for consumers to view documents
- Eliminates returned payments (e.g. NSFs, account closed, etc.) with real-time, online payments
- Gain a competitive advantage over companies not participating in the epost model
- Broadens your profile with access to a large mass of consumers
For more information, contact a Relationship Manager at the Commercial Banking Centre nearest you.